- Tsitsishvili Children’s Hospital
- 21 Lubliana st., Tbilisi, Georgia
- +995 322 24 70 401
Pediatrics, Children Cardio-Rheumatology
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
Date of Birth: 07.06.1954
Speciality: Pediatry, Children cardio-rheumatology
Academic degree: Doctor of medical science
Scientific-pedagogic rank: Proffesor
Scientific-pedagogic activity: Academic of Georgian humanitarian and artificial scientific academy and natural science.
Honorary Rank: Member of Top 100 Educators 2009 (Cambridge, England) 29th june 2009
Professional Experience: 35 years
Pedagogic experience: 32 years
Scientific experience: 35 years
Occupation: Pediatric Clinics named after I. Tsitsisvili
Education and professional scientific-pedagogic activities:
- 1979 – Graduated from Pediatric Faculty of Tbilisi State Medical University;
- 1988 – maintained thesis for a candidate degree and was ranked as a Candidate of medical science;
- 1992 – maintained thesis for a doctor’s degree and ranked as a Doctor of medical science;
- 1993 – was elected as an assistant professor of pediatric faculty. (ranked as an assistant professor);
- 1996 – 2007 – Was a professor of a TSSU pediatric specialization department. (Ranked as Professor);
- 2009-2013 – IB EURO-CAUCASIAN UNIVERSITY – Full professor;
- 2009 – untill now – Full professor of Georgian Critical Medicine Institute. Completed full course of qualification and training in Ukraine (Kiev), Russia (Moscow, Volgograd, Rostov), Swtzerland (Geneva), Sweden (Stocholm), United Kingdom (Birminghem), U.S.A. (Olban, Boston), Turkey (Ankara), Greece (Athene), Georgia (tbilisi).
- Head of quality assurance in medical care of pediatric clinic named after I. Tsitsisvili.
- Residency program director of cardiology/rheumatology in Tbilisi State Medical University.
- Vice-President of Georgian Humanitarian and Artificial Science Academy.
- Vice-President of Natural Science Academy.
- Chairman of Georgian National Section of Euroscience. (Stransburg – France).
- 2017-present – Professor of TSMU Clinic
- 2016-present – Director of GGMC Ltd.
- 2015-present – Director of the Pediatric Clinic № 2 Ltd.
- 2013-present – Deputy Director of Bazi Ltd.
- 2011-2016 – Head of Service of ensuring the quality of medical care of I. Tsitsishvili Pediatric Clinic, as well as the consultant on specialties – pediatrics, children’s cardiorheumatology
- 2011– present – Head of quality assurance in medical care of pediatric clinic named after I. Tsitsisvili.
- 2006-present – Residency program director of cardiology/rheumatology in Tbilisi State Medical University.
- 2009-2011 – Deputy director of Pediatric Clinic named after G. Zhvania.
- 1997-2009 – Deputy director of TSSU Pediatric Clinic.
- 1996-2006 – Professor of a TSSU pediatric specialization department.
- 1993-1996 – Assistant professor of TSSU pediatric department.
- 1981-1993 – Assistant of TSSU #1 pediatric department.
- 2008-present – Chairman of Georgian National Section of Euroscience.
- 2006-2008 – Academic of Georgian Humanitarian and Artificial Science Academy, Vice-president from 2008,
- True member of Georgian Natural Science Academy, Vice-president from 2013;
- 2009-present secretary of Georgian Pediatric Academy council;
- 2003 – Vice-President of Georgian Pediatric Association;
- 1992-present – President of Georgian Children Cardiologists Association;
- 2003-present – President of Social Pediatrics Protection Fund, with help of this fund more than 97 000 children were examined for free.
- 2002- Was elected as main podiatrist of Tbilisi.
- 2009-present – Member of The World Academy of Sciences, Technology and Engineering Council of Experts.
- 2005 1 June- present – Academic of OGASH academy.
- 2006- present – academic of IAMSS academy.
- Member-co-respondent of OGASH leader group.
- GOASH national expert.
- Member of Georgian Economic Regeneration Union.
- Euro Science member.
- Member of National Cardio-Rheumatologists Society.
- Board member of Georgian National Cardiomyopathy Society.
- Member of Europe Children Cardiology Society.
- Member of Europe Cardiology Society.
- Member of Georgian Patriarchy integrated Georgian Scientific Intellectual council.
- Founder of Association – “Harmony”.
- Public council member of Georgian State Minister deliberative organ.
- 1994-present – member of TSSU thesis council in cardiology, rheumatology, pediatrics, obstetrician-gynecology, rehabilitation, resortology.
- 1988-present – founder and main editor of news-paper “Social pediatrics” and scientific-practical magazine “social, Ecological & Clinical Pediatrics”.
- 2007-present – founder and main editor of magazine “Pediatric Cardiology”.
- 2007-present – President of national fund “Security and Child” (with offices in Georgia and U.S.A).
- 2008-present – Chairman of Georgian national medical department of national fund “CODATA”.
- 2009-present – Chairman of Medicine and sport department of Euro science Georgian section.
- 2008-present – Program FP7- CORDIS expert.
- 2009 – «Top 100 Educatores-2009»
- 2012 – “Order of Honor
- 2017 – “Chosen of 2017 in Georgia”
Sphere of scientific interests:
Cardiovascular system development physiology – Children and adult cardiovascular Physiological Peculiarities in normal and pathology, problems of hypertension and atherosclerosis , Georgian medicines and their effects, sportsmen normal physical development, rheumatology, immunology, gerontology, geriatrics, valeology, sanology, clinical-epidemic research, usage of mathematical methodology in discussions of child and adult health problems.
Is actively collaborating with foreign scientists from Switzerland, Italy, Japan, Germany, France, U.S.A. , Czech Republic, Greece, Estonia, Ukraine, Austria and others.
Participating in scientific forums:
Taken part in more than 50 international conference s– as an organizer, chairman of the section or as a speaker.
He held local and international conferences (28) and simposiums (19) as a chairman of organizing committee or as a president.
Patents and licenses :
Right to be an author of 16 patents.
- 1981-1993 – Assistant of TSSU #1 pediatric department;
- 1993-1996 – Assistant professor of TSSU pediatric department;
- 1996-2006 – Professor of TSSU pediatrics specialization department;
- 2003- present – Participating in U.P.G. teaching process (leader of 6 programs);
- 2006-present – Pedagogics of TSSU Pediatric branch;
- 2009-present – Head of “Pediatric Cardiology” residency program;
- 1993-1996- Member of the thesis council of cardiology and rheumatology;
- 1996-2006- Member of the thesis council: Cardiology, Rheumatology, Pediatrics, obstetrician-gynecologist, rehabilitation, resortology;
- 1997-1999 – Secretary of specialization thesis council “Pediatrics”;
- 2000-present – Under the guidance 8 thesis was maintained and more than 50 thesis complained;
- 2007 – short-term scientific mission in U.S.A. Olban Univercity;
- 2009- 3 thesis program for a doctor’s degree was maintained (one was put on in TSSU, and others are in process);
- 2009- Was named “among world’s top 100 teachers” by International Biography Centre (Cambridge, England)
For purpose of science popularization, he’s often on TV, radio, reads lectures, and publishes articles about child and adult development and their health. He read lectures for sportsmen and adults about newest achievements (Project of Shota Rustaveli National Scientific fund). Has read lectures in foreign countries like Moscow, Kiev, Geneva, Albany.
Leadership and participation of grant programs:
28 in overall: leader of projects in 18 of them and participant in 10.
Was also participating in USAID and WORLD LEARNING working group activities, which goal was to work out Georgian national action plan project for the interests of invalids and after this, to offer this plan to the government.
In 2007 Social Pediatrics Protection Fund, with a help of other non-governmental organizations won in a competition “Let’s learn to live together” which was held by USAID and WORLD LEARNING.
Membership of professional and scientific organizations:
1. Georgian National Section of Euroscience – Chairman – 2008-Present;
2. Euroscience Georgian National Section Medical Science and Sport Department – Chairman – 2008 – Present;
3. International Council of science: Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA) Georgian CODATA Committee: medical Sciences and Novel information Technologies for Medicine. -Chairman – 2007 – Present;
4. World Academy of Science Engineering and Technology – Member of the council – 2007 – Present;
5. World Association of non-governmental organizations WANGO – Member – 2009- Present;
6. International Fund “ The World Security and Child” – President – 2007 – Present;
7. The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action – Member – 1999 – Present;
8. Georgian Catastrophe and Critical Condition Medicine Association. – Member – 2008- present;
9. Georgian Pediatric Academy – Member of the council (chairman) – 2009- present;
10. Georgian Doctor Association – Member of the board – present;
11. Georgian Pediatrics Society – Member of the board – present;
12. Social Pediatrics Protection Fund – President – 2002 – present;
13 . Georgian Pediatric Cardiology Society – Chairman – 1992- present;
14. Europe Cardiologist Association – Member – present;
15. Europe Scientist Association – Member – 2003 – present;
16. OGASH Academy – Academic – 2005 – present;
17. Intercontinental Medicine-Social Academy – IAMSS – Academic – 2006 – present;
18. OGASH – International expert – 2007 – present;
19. Board of Georgian International Cardiomyopathy Society – Member – 2006 – present.
Book/Collection, magazine edition, membership of editorial board.
Autor of many publications and editions.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email – skilled User
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Fluent