Mamuka Bokuchava - The credo of life
Date of birth: 06.11.1962
Specialty: Vascular Surgery
Place of work/Position: Deputy Director of Bokhua Memorial Cardiovascular Center
Performs all types of reconstructive operations on arteries and veins, including:
- Carotid endarterectomy;
- Surgery for the thoracic outlet syndrome;
- Surgery to remove aneurysm/reconstructive surgery for the aorta and peripheral arteries;
- Aortobifemoral bypass
- Femoral-popliteal, femoral-ankle reconstruction
- Varicose vein surgery, etc.
Field of activity: Vascular Surgery, Carotid Endarterectomy, Aortobifemoral Bypass, Varicose Vein Surgery.
Medical experience: since 1987
- Since 1987 till now– Bokhua Memorial Cardiovascular Center.
- President of the Georgian Association of Angiologists and Vascular Surgeons (since 2012);
- Member of the European Association for Vascular Surgery (since 1997);
- 2005-2007 – Chairman of the Standardization and Nomenclature Commission of the Georgian Association of Angiologists and Vascular Surgeons;
- 2007-2012 – Chairman of the Education and Science Commission of the Georgian Association of Angiologists and Vascular Surgeons.
- Author of 33 scientific works
Participation in Medical Researches:
- 2004 – Principal researcher in open multicenter phase II studies on the use of liposomal prostaglandin E (liprostin) in patients with intermittent claudication and critical limb ischemia (“Endovasc” USA).
- Since 2003, principal researcher in Georgia “In a comparative research of general anesthesia and local anesthesia for carotid endarterectomy – GALA (Edinburg, Scotland)”.
- In 1997, he was awarded the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences “Reconstructive operations in the aortobifemoral vascular zone for improving blood supply in the lower extremities and erectile function in men”;
- In 1999, 2000, and 2002 he worked as a vascular surgeon with prof. W. Stockman in Berlin, Germany, in the Franciskus Krankenhaus Clinic.
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Spoken