Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
Specialty: Doctor – Infectionist
Scientific Degree/Position: Doctor- Infectionist, Doctor of Medicine Sciences, Professor MD. PhD., Chief Scientific and Clinical Consultant in Children’s Infectious Diseases Hospital.
Place of Work: Tbilisi’s Children Infectional Clinical Hospital LTD.
- 2002 – PhD, doctoral thsis: “some aspects of etiology, pathogenesis and clinical features of infectious diseases in children being in critical state”. Tbilisi state medical university, Georgia.
- 1990 – PhD, doctoral thesis: “diagnostic and prognostic significance of cholilglicine and b2-microglobulin during viral hepatitis”.
- 1981 – MD, General Practice. Tbilisi state medical School, Georgia.
- From May 2013 –till current – Professor in Tbilisi State Medical University, Head of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Department, Chief Scientific and Clinical Consultant in Children’s Infectious Diseases Hospital.
- 2008 – 2013 – CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER, OSCE Mission in Kosovo. Department of Administration and Support (DAS), Medical Services Section.
- 2002-2008 – HEAD OF Pediatric INFECTIOUS DISEASES Department, Professor. Tbilisi State Medical University.
- 2004 – MEDICAL DIRECTOR/ ACTING COUNTRY DIRECTOR, International Medical Corps (IMC) / LIBERIA.
- 2001 – 2002 – MEDICAL DIRECTOR, International Medical Corps (IMC) – Georgia.
- 1994 – 2001 – ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AT Pediatric INFECTIOUS DISEASES DEPARTMENT, TBILISI STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, GEORGIA.
- 1989 – 1994 – ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT INFECTIOUS DISEASES DEPARTMENT, TBILISI STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, GEORGIA.
- Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Services of Georgia. “Essential ealth CARE health care Standards Package software development”, Georgia
- Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Services of Georgia. “Healthcare reform project, community based health insurance”, Georgia
- International Medical Corps. “Development of the RFA for local Health NGOs in Georgia”, Georgia
- Curatio International Foundation. Trainings for the Primary and secondary health care doctors (GPs, emergency personnel, Pediatricians, Internists, other)
- Advances in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. European Society of Gastroenterologists, Hepatologists. 2015.
- Ultrasound investigation training. Greece, Euromedica Kianos Stavros, 2012
- Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, AAF, Vienna, Austria. AKH University Hospital. 2011
- Ultrasound investigation training. Greece, Euromedica Kianos Stavros, 2010
- Ultrasound training. Belgrade, Clinical Center. 2008
- Infectious Diseases, Austria, 2008. Salzburg-Cornell Seminar. Austria, Salzburg
- Evaluation and Monitoring of International Project Implementation, Tbilisi, Georgia, American University of Humanity. 2006
- Malaria management, Liberia. Mentor Initiative, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare of Liberia, WHO, 2005
- IMCI program Follow-up, WHO program course, Georgia, Tbilisi, 2003
- HIV/AIDS. Training course in HIV/AIDS Tbilisi, Georgia. 2002
- Health care quality seminars. Tbilisi. Ministry of Health, Healthcare and Prevention (Holland-TNO). Georgia. Tbilisi, 2002
- WHO Program on Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Kazakhstan, Almaty, 2000
- Computer Databases Training, Tbilisi Georgia, 1997
- Health care quality seminars. Tbilisi. Ministry of Health, Healthcare and Prevention (Holland-TNO). Georgia. Tbilisi, 1999
- Emergency Care in Pediatrics. Salzburg-Philadelphia seminars. Austria, Salzburg, 1999
- Medical Leadership Training: Healthcare Education, Management and Technology, Philadelphia, USA, 1997.
- General Pediatrics and Infectious Diseases (including HIV/AIDS) in children and adults. Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, USA (Allegheny General Hospital, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children), 1997.
- Assessment of Clinic, Diagnostic, Treatment and Recording Performance. World Health Organization (WHO).. Tbilisi, Georgia, 1997.
- Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology. Salzburg-Cornell Seminar. Austria, Salzburg, 1996.
- CDD/ARI WHO clinical training course. Georgia, Tbilisi, 1994.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email – skilled user.
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Fluent
Albanian – Beginner
Serbian – Beginner