Dermatology and Veneorology
Doctor of Medicine
Date of birth: 05.09.1954
Academic degree: Doctor of Medicine
PhD Thesis on:
“The state of the immune status in patients with psoriasis and its correction with an interferon-containing drug – plaferon in combination with the PUVA method”
Place of work/Position:
Kanveni – Dermatovenerologist, Department of Viral Infections, National S/R Center of Dermatology and Venereology
Scientific Secretary of the Georgian Association of Dermatovenerologists.
- Tbilisi State Medical Institute – Department of General Medicine.
- 1979-1988 – Pipia Railway Hospital. Resident doctor;
- 1988-2000 – Pipia Railway Hospital. Head of the Dermatology Department;
- 2000-2006 – Georgian State Medical Academy. Associate Professor, Department of Dermatovenerology;
- 1995-2006 – P. Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy. Assistant of the Department of Dermatovenerology;
- 2006-2013 – P. Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy. Associate Professor of the Department of Dermatovenerology;
- 2006-2011 – Tbilisi Clinical Dermatovenerologic Dispensary. Dermatovenerologist;
- 2011-2012 – JSC S/R Institute of Skin and Venereal Diseases. Dermatovenerologist of the Dermatology Department;
- 2012-present – National Scientific Research Center of Dermatology and Venerology. Dermatovenerologist of the Dermatology Department;
- 2012-present – Invited lecturer at the Department of Dermatovenerology at Ivane Javakhishvili TSU.
Conferences and Seminars:
- Speaker and participant in different conferences and seminars.
- Published 18 scientific works, 1 methodological letter
Membership in Professional Societies
- Member of Tbilisi Association of Dermatovenerologists;
- Member of Georgian Association of Dermatovenerologists.
- Executor of 11 continuing medical education programs
- In cooperation with Tbilisi Association of Dermatovenerologists, creation of a Georgian adapted version of the draft guidelines for the sexually transmitted infections for the WHO European Office.
Participation in Conferences:
- Severe Psoriasis – Alternative Therapies. X Polyprofile Medical Conference, Bakuriani. February 13-21, 2016, Speaker.
- Perspectives for Continuing Medical Education and Professional Education in Georgia – scientific conference dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the establishment of the Institute of Skin and Venereal Diseases, 05.10.2017, Tbilisi, speaker.
- 23-25.09.2010 – 25th IUSTI European Conference (International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections), Tbilisi, listener.
- 04-06.10 2012 – 4th World Congress on Teledermatology, Tbilisi, Georgia, listener.
- 14-19.11.2013 – Seminar on Dermatology, Dermatooncology, Dermatopathology and Photodermatology, Tbilisi. Speaker;
- 09.-04.10.2014 – Conference and master-class on Dermatology, Dermatopathology, Dermatooncology, Dermatosurgery and Photodermatology, listener.
- 10.2012 – Scientific conference dedicated to the World Psoriasis Day. Tbilisi, listener.
- GEODERMA-2018, on Dermatosurgery, Dermatooncology, Dermatopathology and Photodermatology, 19-21.10 2018, Tbilisi.
- 10.2019 – GEODERMA-2019, II Scientific Conference of Western Regional Organizations, Kutaisi, listener.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email