- Mardaleishvili Diagnostic Center
- 4 Tamarashvili Ave., Tbilisi, Georgia
- 0322 43 01 00
Photodynamic Therapy and Dentistry
Date of birth: 22.09.1963
- Photodynamic therapy
Place of work/position: Photodynamic therapist of Mardaleishvili Diagnostic Center.
- 1983-1989 – Graduated from Pavlov First St. Petersburg State Medical University, dentist.
- 1989-1993 – 5th Children’s Dental Clinic, Tbilisi, dentist surgeon;
- 1993-1997 – 9th Dental Clinic, Tbilisi, surgeon-dentist;
- 1997-2004 – Evdokimov Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry. Dentist- anesthesiologist;
- 2004-2016 – Dentist, specialist in photodynamic therapy of Vipmed dental clinic at Kazan Federal University;
- 2016-2019 – Specialist in laser and photodynamic therapy at the Department of Pavlov First St. Petersburg State Medical University.
Photodynamic therapy is a new unique method of treatment for onychomycosis (foot and nail fungus)!
The method of photodynamic therapy (non-invasive) is based on the destruction of malignant tumor and non-tumor (bacterial, viral, fungal) cells. The photosensitizer, the main ingredient of which is algae spirulina (in liquid and gel form) after penetration into the body, selectively accumulates, and has the selecting ability to accumulate only in pathologically degenerated cells. Photodynamic therapy is used for such diseases as:
- Basal cell carcinoma,
- Post-acne dermatitis,
- Atopic dermatitis,
- Onychomycosis (nail fungus),
- Keratinized heels,
- Diabetic foot,
- Periodontitis and stomatitis.
As a result of exposure to a low-intensity red laser beam (662 nm) and a photosensitizer, singlet oxygen and free radicals are formed, which destroy pathological cells by process of apoptosis.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Good