Tbilisi’s Children Infectional Clinical Hospital
History of the clinic:
There was a kindergarten on this territory In 1935 . The Measles Epidemic broke out and it became the reason of opening children’s hospital of infectious diseases in this building. The hospital began functioning from 1938.
These are the doctors that worked in this hospital: M. Dedabrishvili, B. Didebulidze, I.Kvitaishvili, A. Tsiskarishvili, Professor Nemsadze, V. Mchedlishvili, Professor Khochava, who used to work in Russia (Moscow, Chita) and Belarus (Minsk). The Departments of Infectious Diseases were established in Russia.
Mrs. L. Uberi and Dr. D. Iashvili contributed greatly in the creating of current hospital. Department of Children’s Infectious Diseases was established in 1944. ( Current title since 2006 is – Children’s infectious diseases direction of Pediatric department of TSMU).
- Addiction recovery
- First Receiver
- TSMU Direction
There is Diagnostic Biological and Bacteriological laboratory at the Children’s Hospital of Infectious Diseases. The laboratory is equipped with modern automatic analyzers. The following researches are made here:
- First Receiver of the Hospital
- Ambulatory services department- Ambulatory/ Day Care Service
- Day Care Department–Resuscination and intensive therapy department, Viral infections department, Intestinal infections department, Department of various, mixed diseases.
- Addiction Recovery Department – Ambulatory and stationary sections
- X-ray Cabinet, Ultrasonography cabinet, equipped with latest hardware and staffed by highly qualified personnel
- The laboratory is equipped with modern automatic analyzers.
- Cabinets of supporting specialists –Otolaryngologist, Cardiologist, Neurologist, Laboratory, Ophthalmologist, Blood Transfusionologist.