Doctor of Medicine, associated professor.
Date of Birth: 31.07.1966
Place of Work/Position: Medical Center “VivaMedi”, Head of the Clinical and Interventional Cardiology Department.
Academic Degree/Scientific Title: Doctor of Medicine, associated professor.
Education /Additional Education/ Trainings:
- 1984-1990 – Tbilisi State Medical Institute, Medical Faculty. He was awarded doctor’s qualification.
- 1990-1991 – Internship in therapy, the 2nd Clinical Hospital, Tbilisi.
- 1991-1993 – Scientific/Research institute of Therapy – Clinical Ordinature in Cardiology.
- 1997 – Teaching Course at Teaching Center of Urgent Medical Help –according to the Grade’s medical system, Tbilisi, Georgia.Certified.
- 2003 – Training, organized by International American Organization for Tobacco Control “The Plant to stop smoking. Breathe – Free training program to conduct smoking cessation programs for smokers. Certified.
- 2006 until now – participation and credits in the continuous Medical Educational program of the Cardiologists’ society (CME continuing medical education – ESC), Certified.
- 2007 – Courses, organized by American Humanitarian university. American University for Humanities, Tbilisi Campus, Training and Development Center; Completed the studies and the requirements of the training in Management and the management skills. Certified.
- 2009 – Worldwide Clinical Trials, Good Clinical Practice for investigators, Tbilisi, Georgia; Certified.
- 2011 – the Course, organized by Social health school of Georgian University: Health administration and insurance. Certified.
- 2018 – Investigator Site Personnel IGH GCP Training Certificate. Completed Good Clinical Practice training meeting . GCP (Investigator Version), version #2.0 on 2 FEB 2018. Certified.
- 1993-2001, National Center of Therapy, Department of Chronic Ischemic Diseases and cardiomyopathy, Research Fellow.
- 2001-2009, National Center of Therapy, Senior Ordinator of the Department of Chronic Ischemic Diseases and Cardiomyopathy – Head of the Clinical Sector.
- 2003-2008, Tbilisi State Medical Institute “Tbilisi”, Associated Professor, Head of the Subject (I-II courses, Propedeutics of the Internal Diseases).
- 2007-2010, Residenture of the Postgraduate Education of Tbilisi State Medical University, Local Leader.
- 2009-2012, Academician Kipshidze National Center of Therapy, Head of the department of the Ischemic Disease of heart.
- 2011-2013, Medical center “Junona”, Head of the Cardiology hospital.
- 2012 up to now, university of Georgia, School of health Sciences and Social Health, Associated professor.
- 2014 up to now, Head of the Cardiomyopathy and heart Failure center.
- 2015 -2017- Head of the Clinical and Interventional Cardiology Department at Medical center “Lancet”.
- From 2017 – till now – Head of the Clinical and Interventional Cardiology Department at Medical center “VivaMedi”
Teaching Activity in programs of Continuous medical Education:
- 2003-2004, Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Security of Georgia, Program of Continuous Medical Education, the course for Primary Healthcare Doctors; “Prevention of Ischemic Disease of Heart in Primary Health Care”. Tbilisi, Expert, Trainer, Co-author of the Course and Textbook. The mutual project of Regional Office (WHO/EURO) CINDI program development group and Family medical Center.
- 2003-2004, Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Security of Georgia, Program of Continuous Medical Education, course for General Practitioners, Cardiologists and doctors of Primary Health Care: “Scientific Basics for Risk Factor of Cardiovascular Diseases”. Tbilisi, coauthor of the course and trainer.
- 2004-2005 MLHSS of Georgia, the program of continuous Medical Education, course for General Practitioners, Cardiologists, Pediatricians and Primary Healthcare Doctors: “Modern Aspects of Diagnosing, Treatment and Prevention of Cardiomyopathies”, Tbilisi, Trainer.
Participation in Projects:
- 2001- 2002, Project of Georgian Internists’ Society & “Management Standards of Main Internal Diseases”. Investigator, author of the monography.
- 2001-2011, Member of the CINDI program development group of the European regional Office of WHO.
- 2002-2003, MLHSS of Georgia and the WHO European Regional Office WHO/EURO within the CIMDI program development; the Project, implemented by Georgian group: “Assessment of Prevention and control policy of Non-infectious Diseases in Georgia”.Expert.
- 2004, WHO European Regional Office (WHO/EURO) CINDI program development, the project of Georgian group “Monitoring of the behavior, linked with health, CINDI’ in demonstrative area of Georgia”, Investigator.
- 2007-2010, the European Network Project of Disease Prevention and health Promotion (EUROPREV): EUROP REVIEW PATIENT STUDY – Attitudes to preventive services and to lifestyle: views of patients; Principal Investigator of Georgia.
- 2006-2018, participation in International Multicenter Medical Trials;
Membership of Professional Associations:
- Member of the European Society of Cardiologists
- Member of the International Society of Internal Medicine
- Member of the European Society of Atherosclerosis
- Executive Director of the Georgian International Society of Cardiomyopathy
- Board member of the Georgian Society of Internal Medicine
- Board Member of Georgian Society of Cardiologists
- Board Member of the Georgian Association of Atherosclerosis
- Actual member of the Public-Scientific Academy “Fazisi”
Scientific Degree and Publications:
- 2006, Was awarded the degree of Candidate of medical Sciences.
- Candidate’s dissertation on the topic:
“Assessment of Clinical Signs of Dilatational Cardiomyopathy and Prognosis, considering the modern aspects of treatment”.
- 2006, Was awarded the Academic degree of the Doctor of Medical Sciences.
- He has published more than 50 scientific works and publications in Georgian and Foreign Medical Journals, among them, 6 monographies, textbooks and methodic recommendations. The big part of them was reported at International congresses and Symposiums.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email – skilled user.
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Good