Kakha Vacharadze - The credo of life
Homeland, family and professionalism above all.
Phthisiology, Pulmonology, General Surgery
The Doctor of Medicine, TSMU Professor
Date of birth: 22.06.1962
Specialty: Phthisiology, Pulmonology, General Surgery
Academic degree: The Doctor of Medicine, TSMU Professor
Place of work/Position:
- Israeli-Georgian Multiprofile Medical Center “Healthycore”, Head of Pulmonology Department
- National Center for Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases
- “Medical House” – Georgian-American Clinic of Family Medicine
Field of activity: Phthisiology, Pulmonology, General Surgery
Medical experience: since 1982
- Since 2017- till now – Head of Phthisiology Department at Tbilisi State Medical University, Professor.
- 2016-2017 – Acting Head of Phthisiology Department at Tbilisi State Medical University, Associate Professor.
- 2006-2016 – Associate Professor of phthisiology Department at Tbilisi State Medical University.
- 2005-2006 – Head of Pulmonology and phthisiology Department at State Medical Academy.
- 2005-2006 – Director of State Residence Program and Branch Residency program for specialization in physiology.
- 2003-2005 – Professor of Pulmonology and Phthisiology Department at Tbilisi State Medical University, with C- contract.
- Since 2004- till now – National Center for Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Member of Supervisory Board.
- Since 2004- till now – Chairman of State Certification Examination Commission for Phthisiology.
- 199-2004 – Docent of Pulmonology and Phthisiology Department at State Medical Academy.
- Since 2001- till now – National Canter for Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Head of Bronchology Service.
- 1992-1999 – Assistant of Phthisiology and lung Surgery department at Tbilisi Training Institute for Doctors.
- 1996-1997 – Phthsiology and Pulmonology Scientific Research Institute, Deputy Director in the Medical Affairs.
- 1990-2001 – Tbilisi Mestiashvili TB clinical hospital, Doctor-Intern
- 1987-1989 – Thoracic Surgery Department of Republic Central Clinic, Doctor-Intern.
- Specialty permitted – Phthisiology
- Specialty permitted – Pulmonology
- Specialty permitted – General Surgery
- Respiratory Association of Transcaucasian Doctor’s League –President, Board Member
- Member of European Respiratory Society
- Georgian Broncho-pulmonology Association-Founder, Board Member
- Georgian Radiology and X-ray Magazine – Editorial Board Member
- Georgian Respiratory Magazine – Editorial Board Member
- Georgian Respiratory Association – Vice President (2007-2010, 2013-now), President (2010-2013 and 2017-2020)
- Member of Georgian Phthisiology and Pulmonology Association.
- Member of Georgian Surgery Association
- Member of European Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Member of European Society for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonologists
- Georgian Association of Thoracic Surgeons – Founder, Board Member
- Vice President of Transcaucasian Doctor’s League
- Member of American Thoracic Society
- 2004-2005 – Georgian State Academy Major Board Member
- 2001-2004 – Georgian State Medical Academy Interfaculty Scientific Board Member
- 2004-2005 – Georgian State Medical Academy Interfaculty Board Member
- 2004-2006 – Medical Radiology Institute Interfaculty Board Member
- 2017 – TSMU Medical Faculty Board Member
- Since 2001 – has participated in different local and international conferences and congresses
- Author of 107 scientific works
- 2 practical recommendations
- 2 Invention
- Supervisor of 6 dissertations
- Expert and opponent of 15 dissertations
- 3 National recommendation for clinical practice (Guideline)
- 8 International research studies (project manager and research director)
2012 – Nominated for the Order of Honor
2012 – National Prize Laureate in Medicine
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Fluent