The credo of life
Oncology, Surgical Oncology
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
Date of Birth: 12.09.1958
Specialty: Doctor, Surgeon – Oncologist
Academic Degree: Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Laureate of State Prize, (Doctor Surgeon – Oncologist).
Place of Work/Position: Clinical Director of the Institute of Clinical Oncology.
Field of activity: Oncology, Surgical Oncology.
Medical experience: since 1981
- 1975 – 1981 – Tbilisi State Medical Institute, Medical Faculty, Doctor of General Profile.
- 1987 – Scientific Degree of a Candidate of Medical Sciences, Petersburg, Russia.
- Since 1989 – Senior Scientist at the National Center of Oncology.
- 1995 – Scientific degree of a Doctor of Medical Sciences, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- 2006 – Internships in Health Organization and Management, accredited course by American International Health Alliance and USAID, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 1981 – 1983, Position of Clinical Ordinator at Prof. Petrov S/R Institute of Oncology, Thoracal Department, Petersburg.
- 1983 – 1985, Sokhumi Onco – dispenser, Doctor Ordinator.
- 2002 – 2011, Deputy Director-General in Medical and Scientific Field at Prof. A. Ghvamichava National Center of Oncology.
- 2012 – 2013, LTD “National Center of Oncology of Georgia”, Medical Manager.
- 2013 – 2014, Clinical Director of “Universal Medical Center”.
- Since 2014 till today, Institute of Clinical Oncology, Clinical Director
- Teaching Experience – 16 years
- Since 2001, the member of the National Association of Cancer Control.
- Since 2005, the member of the Oncologists’ Society.
- Since 2008, ESO (The European School of Oncology), Member.
- Since 2008 ISS (International Society of Surgery), Member.
- Since 2009, member of the Oncology Scientific Consulting Council at the Parliament of Georgia.
- Since 2010, ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology), Member.
- Since 2010, UICC (International Union Against Cancer), Member.
- Since 2017, President of Georgian Oncologists’ Association.
- 2004, Congress of CIS Oncologists and Radiologists, Minsk, Belarus.
- 2004, Congress of Oncologists and Radiologists of the Countries of South Caucasus, Erevan, Armenia.
- 2006, Congress of CIS Oncologists and Radiologists, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 2007, Congress of Oncologists and Radiologists, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- 2008, Congress of CIS Oncologists and Radiologists, Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- 2008, International Conference of Europe on Lung Cancer, Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2009, World Congress of Pain Management. Lisabon. Portugal.
- 2010, UICC World Cancer Congress. Shenzhen. China.
- 2010, 35 ESMO Congress, Milan. Italy.
- 2011, THNO Conference -3 rd Trends in Head Neck Oncology, Rome. Italy.
- 2012, 36 ESMO Congress, Vienna, Austria.
- 2012, 37 ESMO Congress, Amsterdam, Netherland.
- 2013, 6th International Symposium on Metastasis in Head and Neck Cancer. Marburg. Germany.
- 98 Scientific Works, among them: 1 invention, 2 monographs
- 2011, National Prize of Georgia in the field of Medicine
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Fluent