Maka Gegechkori MD. Ph.D.
Maka Gegechkori - The credo of life
Being a woman is interesting, age is an advantage, and medicine is a dignity!
Zurab Sabakhtarashvili Reproductive Clinic
2/6 Lubliana St., Tbilisi, Georgia
Make an Appointment
Need a doctor’s consultation?
Submit your information below and please wait for a response.
Mon.-Fri. – 10:00 – 17:00
The Doctor of Medicine, TSMU Professor
Date of Birth: 12.12.1961
Title: MD. Ph.D., Prof.
Institution Name: Zurab Sabakhtarashvili Reproductive Clinic, Educational Scientific Direction MD. Ph.D., TSMU Professor.
Head of the Georgian Association of gynecologists-endocrinologists.
Field of activity: Reproductive medicine, Gynecology.
Medical experience: since 1992
- 1978-1984 – Tbilisi State Medical University. M.D. Diploma;
- 1984-1988 – Georgia, post-graduate studies in Medical Science, Zhordania Institute of Human Reproduction, Tbilisi.
- From 2016 – till now – Zurab Sabakhtarashvili Reproductive Clinic, Educational Scientific Direction.
- 1984-2016- Zhordania Institute of Human Reproduction, Doctor Reproductologist Ph.D.;
- 2001-2013- Doctors and Students Teaching Experience, Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductology Faculty of Internal Medicine, Tbilisi State University. Attending physician;
- 1999-2000 – Communication Skills and Capacity Building ( TOT-150h workshops for teachers and education system managers all over Georgia). Parents-Teachers Association project. Open Society- Georgia Foundation, Trainer;
- 2000-2002 – Effective Communication-Consulting ( workshops and seminars all over Georgia). JHPIEGO Corporation. John Hopkins University, Trainer;
- 1999-2005 – Reproductive Health Service Development and Information Support of Population and Medical Stuff. UNFPA/WHO, Trainer;
- 2000-2002 – Safe Motherhood program. MSH, CIF. Trainer;
- 2002-2004 – Life Skills and Health Education in Georgian Schools. UNICEF and Ministry of Education of Georgia, Team Member;
- 2003 – Healthy Women in Georgia. John Snow Institute of Training and Research, USAID. (TOT) Family Planning and Effective Consulting;
- 2003-2008 – Healthy Women in Georgia. John Snow Institute of Training and Research, USAID. Family Planning and Post-Abortion Care. Trainer;
- 2007 – Healthy Women in Georgia. John Snow Institute of Training and Research, USAID. (TOT) Ante and Postnatal Care, Trainer;
- 2003-2005 – Healthy Women in Georgia. John Snow Institute of Training and Research, USAID. Ante and Postnatal Care, Trainer;
- 2005-2008 – Training of Parents Schools Trainers. Healthy Women in Georgia. John Snow Institute of Training and Research, USAID.
- 2009 – Training and Trainers, Family Planning Teaching for the Faculty of Medical and Nursing Schools. Europe and Eurasia Regional Family Planning Activity. Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek;
- 2009 – Undergraduate Medical; Curriculum Design in Family Planning. USAID, Europe, and Eurasia Regional Family Planning Activity. Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek;
- 2009 – Undergraduate Medical; Curriculum Design in Family Planning. USAID, Europe, and Eurasia Regional Family Planning Activity. Georgia, Gudauri;
- 2009 – Europe and Eurasia Regional family planning Activity. Independent Consultant of Preparation for Pre-Service Curriculum in FP for 4th-grade Medical University Students;
- 2008-2009 – UNFPA/EC project “Reproductive Health Initiative for Youth in the South Caucasus”. Independent Consultant.
- Head of the Georgian Association of Gynecologists and Endocrinologists;
- Member / Co-Founder of the Association of Endocrinologists-Gynecologists;
- Member of the Georgian Association of Reproductive Physicians;
- Member of the Association of Endocrinologists;
- Member of the Association of Observatologists.
- Participate in local and international medical and scientific forums, including as a speaker;
- Collaboration with the state, non-governmental local, and foreign organizations within medical and non-medical projects.
- Human Reproduction Health -Clinical course, Certificate;
- A Johns Hopkins Program For International Education In Reproductive Health. (JHPIEGO) 2001.
- Family Planning, Counseling, and Reproduction Health workshop.
- Clinical Training Skills Workshop
- Training of Trainers (TOT). Communication and organization development for NOG. Trainers Certificate;
- Operational Research in Reproductive Health. (WHO, Population Council). Certificate;
- Training of Trainers (TOT). Antenatal and Postnatal Care. MSH, Curatio International Foundation. Trainers Certificate;
- Supportive Supervision Training and Planning Workshop for Master Trainers and External Supervisors. USAID’s Europe and Eurasia Regional Family Planning Activity and Healthy Women in Georgia Projects. Trainers Certificate;
- TOT Training in Peer Education. UNFPA, CSMA. Trainers Certificate.
- Author and co-author of more than 37 scientific works, 7 textbooks.
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
German- User Skills
English – Fluent