Doctor of Medicine. Professor
Date of Birth: 19.09.1963
Scientific Degree: Doctor of Medicine. Professor
Occupation/Position: The Head of Neurological Department, The First University Clinic of Tbilisi State Medical University
- 1979- 1984 – Tbilisi State Medical Institute (current name is Tbilisi State Medical University), Diploma KV #146107;
- Postgraduate clinical studies in Neurology (equivalent of Residency), State Institute of Postgraduate Medical Studies, Certificate N 387-13/1-1987;
- High qualification courses in Neurology, Diploma N1143-15/V-1991;
- Tbilisi State Institute of Foreign Languages, English Department, High Courses of Simultaneous translation, Certificate #-805;
- High Computer Courses, Certificate #AA1-000-03.
- Clinical Qualification, Neurological Clinic of Krams University sponsored by EFNS (Donau-Universitat krams, Department of Neurology, Landesnervenklinik,Haupstrasse 2, A-340, Maria Gugging, Austria)
- Clinical Qualification, Neurological Clinic of Ankara Numune Trainig and Research Hospital sponsored by Health Ministry of Turkey (Ankara Turkey )
- Clinical Qualification, Neurological department of Ikhilov Hospital, Souraski Medical Center, Telaviv University, sponsored by MASHAV Program (Telaviv, Israel)
- Qualification in Cognitive Neuroscience, School of Neuropsychology, Edinburgh University, UK (7 George Square EH8 9JZ) (British Royal Society Grant).
- Academic qualification -PhD (Candidate Medical Sciences)
Several Immunological Indexes in acute phase of stroke and their changeng by application of immunomodulator Plaferon-LB. Beritashvili Institute of Physiology, Board of Academic Experts of Georgia B.03.13c, N2, Protocol N 4-38; 15.06.1999;
Diploma of Candidate Medical Sciences (equivalent of PhD) N 002332, Tbilisi, 1999;
- Academic qualification- ScD (Doctor of Medical Sciences)
The role of several pro-apoptotic factors and several indexes of endogenous protection system in evolution of acute cerebral ischemia, Beritashvili Institute of Physiology, Board of Academic Experts of Georgia B.03.13c, Protocol #5, 13.10. 2009;
Diploma of Doctor Medical Sciences (ScD) # 001731, Tbilisi 2006.
National and International Scientific Projects:
- 2001-2004 INTAS Project grant ,,Ras participation in Neurological diseases”, Chief of the CR3 research unit.
- 2003-2004 World Health Organization Project “WHO Survey”, Administration Secretary, Researcher.
- 2003-2004 Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Affairs project Grant ,, Identification of stroke risk-factors in Georgian population”, Researcher.
- 2005-2006 British Royal Society Grant Project “Dual Task impairment in different types of dementia”, Researcher.
- 2008-2009 – Multicenter prevalence study ,,SIFAP- Stroke in Young Fabry Patients”- Rostock University, Germany;
- 2008-2010 – Multicenter double blinded study ,,ORACLE-MS””, Merck Sereno
- 2011 – Multicenter Trial “ENOS-Efficiency of Nitric Oxide in Stroke” -Nottingham University, UK
- 2011 – Multicenter double blinded International Trial in MS, Biogen Idec. 105MS301 ADVANCE; 2012-105MS302
- 2012 – Multicenter double blinded International Trial in MS , Synthon, GTR 001, GATE;
- 2012 – Multicenter double blinded International Trial in MS, TEVA2012 , GA-MS 302;
- 2013 – Multicenter double blinded International Trial in MS, TEVA LAQ-MS-305 (CONCERTO)
- 2014-16 – Multicenter International Trial ..TARDIS- Tripple Antiplatelets for Reducung Dependency after Ischemic Stroke”- The University of Nottingham, UK
- From 2014 – Multicenter International Trial “TICH-Tranexamic Acid in patients with Hemmorhagic stroke, The University of Nottingham, UK
- From 2015 – Multicenter, Phase III, double blinded International Trial in MS, PRPC01-301 (RECEPTO);
- From 2016 – Multicenter, Phase III, International Clinical Trial in Ischemic Stroke, Impact-24, Brainsgate.
- 1985-1987 – Residency in Neurology, 9th Clinical Hospital, Tbilisi, Georgia;
- 1987-1999 – Doctor Neurologist, Department of Neurology of N2 Hospital, Tbilisi, Georgia;
- 1999-2006 – Assistant professor of Neurology, Department of Neurology, Georgian State Medical Academy; 9th Clinical Hospital;
- 2006- 2009 – Assistant professor of Neurology, Department of Neuromedicine, Tbilisi State Medical University, Khechinashvili University Hospital;
- 2009- 2014 – Associated professor of Neurology, Department of Neuromedicine, Tbilisi State Medical University;
- 2009-2011 – LTD Railway Clinical Hospital, Chief of the Clinical Neurological Service;
- 2011-15 – University Clinical Center LTD “DEKA”, Professor of Neurological Department;
- 2014-up to now – Program Director of Residency in Neurology, Tbilisi State Medical University;
- 2015-up to now – Full Professor of Neurology, Tbilisi State Medical University;
- 2015-up to now – The Head of Neurological Department, The First University Clinic of Tbilisi State Medical University.
Publications: 92 scientific publications in national and international scientific Journals;
Monograph –R.Shakarishvili, M. Beridze, – Acute Cerebral Ischemia, Assays of Clinical Neurochemistry-Editorial – Biomed, 2009, Tbilisi, Georgia;
Awards: State Award and silver medal for Scientific contributions for overcoming the stroke burden in Georgia” – 26.05.2010.
Study books: ”Clinical Neurology” by M. Janelidze, Chapter 16 M. Beridze– Cerebrovascular Diseases-65 pages. –In Georgian Language;
,,Therapeutic Riding, Hypotherapy” by D. Tsverava, Chapter 8,p. 37-55, M. Beridze-Psychophysiolgical basics of treatment of Child Cerebral Palsy by hypotherapy, Editorial of Ilia State University, 2012.
Translation into Georgian: Biochemistry by Devlin (2009).
Conferences and Congresses: 51 National and international Congresses, oral and poster presentations.
- Member of Georgian Association of Neurologists and Neurosurgeons,
- Member of European Academy of Neurology(EAE),
- Member of World Federation of Neurology,
- Member of World Stroke Federation,
- Member of IBRO (International Brain Research Organization),
- Member of executive Committee of Georgian Association of Therapeutic Riding,
- Member of Executive Committee of Georgian Association of Neurosciences,
- Expert of Georgian National Science Fund.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email
Georgian – Native
English – Fluent