The credo of life
85 years are not so few for the establishment, implementation of professional ideas and the creation of traditions, but not too many for gaining authority and status of the leader.
Make an Appointment
Need a doctor’s consultation?
Submit your information below and please wait for a response.
Mon.-Fri. – 10:00 – 17:00
Dermatology and Venereology
The Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor
Dermatology and Venereology
Place of work/Position: “Kanveni” National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
Specialty: Doctor Dermatovenereologist, Andrologist, Health Organizer, Lawyer
Academic Degree: Doctor of Medicine
Scientific Title: Full Professor
Field of activity: Dermatology, Venereology, Infectious Diseases, Andrology
Medical experience: since 1987
- 1994 – Graduated from Tbilisi State Medical University, with a concentration on practical medicine, hygiene, epidemiology, professional disease control.
- 2005 – Law and Psychology Institute in Tbilisi, with a concentration on Law.
- 2008 – Health Service Management Training Programme organized by DFID funded Primary Health Care Reform Support Programme implemented by Oxford Policy Management. Tbilisi
- 2002- MD.Ph.D. – The number of document – N003065.
- 2012 – now General Director of “Kanveni” National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 2007–201 – General Director of National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 2004–2007 – Board Director of National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1996–2004 – Doctor at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1995–1996 – Doctor – Ordinator at Syphylis department National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1994–1995 – Group Head of organizational and methodological department at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1992–1994 – Nurse at the male department at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology 1991–1992 – Preparer at Laboratory diagnostic division, Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1987–1988 – Orderly at Central Republican Hospital, department of infectious diseases.
Other Professional experience:
- 2004 – now – Professor at Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1999–2011 – Instructor at School of Medicine “Aieti”, chair of the Department of Dermatology and Venerology
- 2011 -now – Instructor and Visiting Scholar at School of Medicine “Aieti
- 2001 –now- consultant at “Health House”
- Syphilis Methodology recommendations 2006
- Genital HSV infection (etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment.) Methodology recommendations 2006
- National Recommendation for managing syphilis (guide) 2007
- Standards for managing syphilis (protocol) 2007
- Standards for managing syphilis (protocol) for general doctors. 2007
- Протоколы лабораторной диагностики инфекции, вызванных Neisseria gonorrhoeae. 2008
- Протоколы лабораторной диагностики сифилиса. 2008
- HIV infections in routine observation. Methodology recommendation. 2008
- The cases of HIV infections routine observation. Methodology recommendation.
- Руководство по лаборагорной диагностике инфекций урогенитального тракта, 2012 г.
- Atlas of Dermatology and Venerology. 2015
- Atlas of Dermatology and Venerology. 2017
Publications: – Total 112, including in IF journals – 9
- Preparation receipt for the cream against skin diseases – National Intellectual Property Center, P4415, 23.01.2006
Collaboration with International Institutes:
- 2005 -now – Vitebsk State Medical Institute. Department of Dermatology and venereology Belarus
- 2006 -now – Kharkiv Institute of Dermatology and Venerology. Ukraine
- 2004 –now – Yerevan State Medical University, Department of Dermato-Venerology. Armenia
- 2004-now- Research Center of dermatology and sexually transmitted diseases at Armenia’s Ministry of Health. Armenia
- 2004-now – National Center of Ministry of Health and dermatology – venerology. Azerbaijan
- 2005 –now – Azerbaijan State Medical University. Dermatology and Venereology department.
- 2007 –now – P lovdiv national medical university, department of dermatology and venerology. Bulgaria
- 2007 -now – University – Hospital “Zagrebi” department of dermatology-venerology.
- 2008 now – Uppsala University, scientific research center. Sweden
- 2009 – now – Erebrus University Hospital, medical laboratory and clinical microbiology department. Sweden
- 2007 -now – post-doctoral education Belarus state medical university. Belarus
- 2008 – now – Belarus state medical university, department of dermatology and venerology. Minsk
- 2009 – now- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Atlanta, Georgia USA
- 2007 -now – Tartus University, dermatology. Estonia
- 2006 -now – Latvia University, medical and venerology department
- 2008- now – Latvia Dermatology National Center
- 2006 – now – Vroclavis national medical university, department of dermatology, venerology, and allergies. Poland
Other activities (last 6 year):
- Recognition by the Georgian defense ministry, David Aghmashenebli national defense academy for professional training of military doctor officers. 2011 year.
- Iovel Kutatelidze medal by Iovel Kutatelidze Parmo-Chemistry Institute for collaboration on scientific research on “Psoratron C” 2011
- Recognition of Charity Association “Solidarity” for organizing charity events for impoverished patients.
- Founder of the international medical journal “South Caucasian Dermatology and Venereology News” 2005
- Certificate and examination board director in “dermatology-venerology”
- Dissertation critic- 4
- Chair of doctoral program – 2:
- Chair of Javakhishvili doctoral program -1
- Member of dissertation board: TSMU – 2008; TSU – 2009-2017
- Author and Chair of the dermato-venerology residential program
- Lectures of TSU children university “School of new doctors” 2010-2012.
- The lead of the Scientific Board at the National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- Diploma by Center of Tbilisi Dermato-venerology for developing dermato-venerology in Georgia.
- IUSTI – Young Scientist Award for 2006 is conferred upon. Bronze medal. 19–21 October 2006. France
- President of 25th IUSTI Europe Congres-(2010, 22-25 September)
- 25th IUSTI Europe Congres – Medals of Meriot 2010
- President of 4th World Congress on Teledermatology (2012, 4-6 October)
- President of The 17th meeting of the European Hair Research Society (2015, 24-26 June)
- Member of International Organization Sexually Transmitted. 2005, November (F-157)
- Member of European Dermatology and Venerology Academy – EADV (European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology) – 2004
- IUSTI – International Union against Sexually Transmitted Infections
- STIGUP – The Uppsala Group of Sexually Transmitted Infections, 2007
- EE SRH Network – Eastern European Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health; 2006
- EUPHA – The European Public Health Association; 2007
- ISSTDR – International Society of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Research; 2005
- Founder and Association President, GADV – Georgian Association of Dermatovenereologists – 2009
- Founder and director of Tbilisi Dermatolo-Venerology scientific-professional association.
- Member of International Organization of Dermoskopist (IDS)
- Member of International Teledermatology (ISTED)
- Member of Tbilisi State University Senate (2010-2013 წწ)
- Member of the academic board of Tbilisi State University (2013 –now)
- Scientific Board Director at Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- Member of Scientific Board of Medical School “Aieti”
- TSU dissertation board member
- Member of EAAD Board of Directors 2013 -now
- Member of Tbilisi State University medical faculty scientific department
- Member of National foundation of Rare diseases (2011 –now)
- Member of reviewers at the journal – Clinical Dermatology”
- Member of reviewers at journal «Dermatolog»
- Awarded government Honor medal.
Georgian – Native
Russian – Fluent
English – Fluent