Dermatology and Veneorology
Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor
Date of Birth: March 19, 1970.
- 1994 – Graduated from Tbilisi State Medical University, with concentration on practical medicine, hygiene, epidemiology, professional disease control.
- 2005 – Law and Psychology Institute in Tbilisi, with concentration on Law.
- 2008 – Health Service Management Training Programme organized by DFID funded Primary Health Care Reform Support Programme implemented by Oxford Policy Management. Tbilisi
- 2002- MD.PhD – The number of document – N003065.
- 2012 – now General Director of National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 2007–201 – General Director of National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 2004–2007 – Board Director of National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1996–2004 – Doctor at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1995–1996 – Doctor – Ordinator at Syphylis department National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1994–1995 – Group Head of organizational and methodological department at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1992–1994 – Nurse at male department at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology 1991–1992 – Preparer at Laboratory diagnostic division, Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1987–1988 – Orderly at Central Republican Hospital, department of infectious diseases.
Other Professional experience:
- 2004 – now – Professor at Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology and Venerology
- 1999–2011 – Instructor at School of Medicine “Aieti”, chair of the Department of Dermatology and Venerology
- 2011 -now – Instructor and Visiting Scholar at School of Medicine “Aieti
- 2001 –now- consultant at “Health House”
Publications (including methodology recommendations)
- Syphilis Methodology recommendations 2006
- Genital HSV infection (aetiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment.) Methodology recommendations 2006
- National Recommendation for managing syphilis (guide) 2007
- Standards for managing syphilis (protocol) 2007
- Standards for managing syphilis (protocol) for general doctors. 2007
- Протоколы лабораторной диагностики инфекции, вызванных Neisseria gonorrhoeae. 2008
- Протоколы лабораторной диагностики сифилиса. 2008
- HIV infections in routine observation. Mmethodology recommendation. 2008
- The cases of HIV infections routine observation. Mmethodology recommendation.
- Руководство по лаборагорной диагностике инфекций урогенитального тракта, 2012 г.
- Atlas of Dermatology and Venerology. 2015
- Atlas of Dermatology and Venerology. 2017
Publications: – Total 112, including in IF journals – 9
Preparation receipt for the cream against skin diseases – National Intellectual Property Center, P4415, 23.01.2006
Collaboration with International Institutes:
- 2005 -now – Vitebsk State Medical Institute. Department of Dermatology and venerolog Belarus
- 2006 -now – Kharkov Institute of Dermatology and Venerology. Ukraine
- 2004 –now – Yerevan State Medical University, Department of Dermato-Venerology. Armenia
- 2004-now- Research Center of dermatology and sexually transmitting diseases at Armenia’s Ministry of Health. Armenia
- 2004-now – National Center of Ministry of Health and dermatology – venerology. Azerbaijan
- 2005 –now – Azerbaijan State Medical University. Dermatology and Venerology department.
- 2007 –now – P lovdiv national medical university, department of dermatology and venerology. Bulgaria
- 2007 -now – University – Hospital “Zagrebi” department of dermatology-venerology.
- 2008 now – Uppsala Univeristy, scientific research center. Sweden
- 2009 – now – Erebrus University Hospital, medical laboratory and clinical microbiology deparmtnet. Sweden
- 2007 -now – post doctoral education Belarus state medical universit. Belarus
- 2008 – now – Belarus state medical university, department of dermatology and venerology. Minsk
- 2009 – now- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Atlanta, Georgia USA
- 2007 -now – Tartus University, dermatology. Estonia
- 2006 -now – Latvia University, medical and venerology department
- 2008- now – Latvia Dermatology National Center
- 2006 – now – Vroclavis national medical university, department of dermatology, venerology and allergies. Poland
Other activities (last 6 year):
- Recognition by Georgian defense ministry, David Aghmashenebli national defense academy for professional training of military doctor officers. 2011 year.
- Iovel Kutatelidze medal by Iovel Kutatelidze Parmo-Chemistry Institute for collaboration on scientific research on “Psoratron C” 2011
- Recognition of Charity Association “Solidarity” for organizing charity events for impoverished patients.
- Founder of international medical journal “South Caucasian Dermatology and Venereology News” 2005
- Certificate and examination board director in “dermatology-venerology”
- Dissertation critic- 4
- Chair of doctoral program – 2:
- Chair of Javakhishvili doctoral program -1
- Member of dissertation board: TSMU – 2008; TSU – 2009-2017
- Author and Chair of dermato-venerology residential program
- Lectures of TSU children university “School of new doctors” 2010-2012.
- Lead of Scientific Board at National Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- Diploma by Center of Tbilisi Dermato-venerology for developing dermato-venerology in Georgia.
- IUSTI – Young Scientist Award for 2006 is conferred upon. Bronze medal. 19–21 October 2006. France
- President of 25th IUSTI Europe Congres-(2010, 22-25 September)
- 25th IUSTI Europe Congres – Medals of Meriot 2010
- President of 4th World Congress on Teledermatology (2012, 4-6 October)
- President of The 17th meeting of the European Hair Research Society (2015, 24-26 June)
- Member of International Organization Sexually Transmitted. 2005, November (F-157)
- Member of European Dermatology and Venerology Academy – EADV (European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology) – 2004
- IUSTI – International Union against Sexually Transmitted Infections
- STIGUP – The Uppsala Group of Sexually Transmitted Infections, 2007
- EE SRH Network – Eastern European Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health; 2006
- EUPHA – The European Public Health Association; 2007
- ISSTDR – International Society of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Research; 2005
- Founder and Association President, GADV – Georgian Association of Dermatovenereologists – 2009
- Founder and director of Tbilisi Dermatolo-Venerology scientific-professional association.
- Member of International Organization of Dermoskopist (IDS)
- Member of International Teledermatology (ISTED)
- Member of Tbilisi State University Senate (2010-2013 წწ)
- Member of academic board of Tbilisi State University (2013 –now)
- Scientific Board Director at Center of Dermatology and Venerology
- Member of Scientific Board of Medical School “Aieti”
- TSU dissertation board member
- Member of EAAD Board of Directors 2013 -now
- Member of Tbilisi State University medical faculty scientific department
- Member of National foundation of Rare diseases (2011 –now)
- Member of reviewers at journal – Clinical Dermatology”
- Member of reviewers at journal «Dermatolog»
- Awarded government Honor medal.
Windows, MS Office, Internet, Email – skilled User.